Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hot Hot Hot

Palm Springs (112 degrees)
Desert Riviera
September 5-7

Last weekend I went to Palm Springs with my mom and sister for more birthday celebrations. My mom and I share a birthday, August 27th. And my sisters birthday is coming up, September 12th. Happy Birthday Renee!

Saturday, we were at the pool by 9am. It was already 100+ degrees outside. Mom made breakfast. (champagne and berries :D ) It was a perfect day. I stayed under the umbrella, floated in the pool to cool off and finished my book, Save Karyn. We had a delicious dinner at The Falls. I highly recommend The Falls. They have a great prix fix menu, excellent service and it's on the main street.




We stayed at Desert Riviera. Desert Riviera is the number 1 rated hotel for Palm Springs on TripAdvisor.com. It is small and perfect. There are only 10 rooms, (we stayed in #10). It is super peaceful and quiet. No kids or pets allowed (sorry Stella). I will definitely stay there again!





I love sharing my birthday with my mom. Or should I say, I love that she shares her birthday with me? It makes for a very special day and this year Renee got us a very special gift. She named binary stars after us. Binary stars orbit each other. So, from now to forever, in the Virgo constellation, the Donna Kay and Emily Michelle stars will orbit each other! Too cool!

No comments: