Monday, August 25, 2008

American Teen- Revisited

I finally got to see American Teen last night!! I really loved it. I laughed, A Lot...and I cried too. It is a great film that truly allows you into the lives of these kids.

Hannah- My favorite character (I guess she is not a character, she is a real person.) She is unique, funny, very comfortable in her own skin and so likable. Definitely someone I would want to be friends with. She is inspiring, creative, ambitious and talented. Everything you would ever want to be.


Jake- You really feel for this guy. He is an awkward outcast, but he makes it so much worse by telling himself he is a loser every chance he gets. I believe your thoughts can manifest into whatever it is you are thinking about. He thinks about being a "loser" so much that he cannot break the mold. He stole the show when he leaned over to his date and says, "we are a lot alike, we both suck at life..." That was the end of that date.


Megan- Annoying, mean and spoiled. The girl you hated in high school. Although, the most emotional part of the movie for me was when she received her college acceptance letter.


Mitch- Seems like a nice guy. But proves to be a jerk when he breaks up with Hannah via text message...jackass.



Colin
- Everyone will cheer for Colin. Truly a nice guy. Very focused on basketball. In order to get out of his small town and move forward into adulthood, he has to get a scholarship because his parents can't afford to send him to college. Believe me, you will cheer for Colin.


My 10 year reunion was last weekend and I didn't go. This movie got me thinking about who I was in high school and who I imagined I would turn into afterward. I think I was a combination of Hannah and (unfortunately) Megan....but, I'll save that for another blog...

No comments: