Monday, October 27, 2008

MEXICO

Mexican Riviera Cruise
Sapphire Princess
September 27-October 4

Our vacation festivities got off to a rough start. Friday, 9/26, I was home packing for a much needed vacation. Abe and Ricky were out riding their bikes with Critical Mass. I had a bad feeling. I knew the call would come...and it did. Abe fell.

We spent most of the night in the ER. He was thrown from his bike and landed on his hands. He had a hairline fracture in the neck of his radius, very close to the elbow. Abe said it felt like his elbow exploded. He was in so much pain, it was hard to see him like that. Did I mention he wasn't wearing a helmet? Or that this was at 9:30PM? Or that he was in a busy intersection? When I think about all these things, and all the horrible possibilities I can't help but think "A fractured elbow is the best outcome!" It could have been SO MUCH WORSE.

Despite the minor bump in the road, we set sail for the Mexican Riviera on Saturday 9/27. We were lucky enough to travel with Abe's parents, their best friends and Ricky and Renee. The eight of us had a fantastic trip!

The mandatory safety drill.
Windy!

Puerto Vallarta


Tequila Factory


EXIST1981

Elevator Fun!
Formal Night

Mazatlan

Old Mazatlan Cathedral

EXIST1981, everywhere
EXIST1981 Polar bear
EXIST1981 Zoid
I made a new friend!



Cabo

The gorgeous sunset from our balcony

No comments: