Saturday, July 12, 2008

Kalmia House

It has been two wonderful years that Abe and I have been living in the house on Kalmia Street.

We found it on a whim. We were driving through South Park looking for a place to rent. We stopped at a stop sign, I looked to the right, and there was a "For Rent" sign in front of this beautiful house camouflaged by luscious landscaping. At that moment, I called the number and the rest is history. We moved in on July 1, 2006.

The house is in the Historic Burlingame District. I believe it is San Diego's oldest neighborhood. I don't know what year it was built, probably the 1940's. It is a traditional craftsman and has been maintained very well. The backyard is our favorite part, to be more specific, the fruit trees in the backyard are our favorite part. We have tons of fruit trees! Orange, lemon, lime, fig, guava, grapefruit, clementine and this weird Mexican custard fruit (I don't know what it's called). What's the down side of that much fruit in your yard? Animals! We get raccoons, possums, skunks and even rats that come and visit us to snack in our yard.

Isn't it gorgeous!

From the drive way. The landscaping is so thick you can't even see the house.
The view into the backyard from the master bathroom. I love this view! I get see this every morning.
The backyard. Those are some of Abe's silk screens on the left.
Stella loves it too!


I remember being wary of moving in together. I had never lived with a boyfriend before. You never know, moving in together can make you or break you as a couple. For us, it has only made us stronger. We only have a few more months in this house, but I'll post more about that another time.

No comments: