Wednesday, July 2, 2008

La Puerta

At 9:00pm last night Abe and I realized we had not had dinner, we were hungry and that the longer we tried to figure out where to have dinner, the fewer our options would be. Late night dining in San Diego is not impossible, but it can be tricky.

We decided to try a new place we read about called La Puerta. I'm so glad we tried it! It was D-LISH!
La Puerta is in the Gaslamp at 4th and Market (across the street from Cafe Sevilla). It is a small place, more bar than restaurant. The decor is simple, yet stunning, dark and cantina-ish. I had the La Puerta Margarita (no sweet & sour mix, YAY!). Abe quenched his Tuesday night thirst with a Bohemia (my personal favorite of the Mexican Beers). We shared guacamole, it was good, but not the BEST. For dinner Abe ordered the surf & turf burrito. I didn't taste it, but he said it was "real good." I got the Mexico City salad with chicken. The salad was HUGE and very tasty, spicy too. I was not very hungry so I have like 3/4 of it left to have for lunch today. I can't wait!

Oh, and the best part about this new San Diego treasure...our entire meal (drinks, guac, entrees..) only cost about $50, including tip (20% always, unless the service is exceptionally bad) and they serve food late night!

No comments: